Over the next few months we will be showing you how to #CookTheItalianWay with Pietro’s top tips and recipes across our social media channels and blog.
This week we will be showing you how to create your very own roasted Italian cauliflower – a quick, healthy and tasty treat which would be perfect as a snack or side dish. It’s also featured on our seasonal blackboard specials so why not try on your next visit to Europa.
What You Need:
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into medium-size florets (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Pre–Heat your oven to 250°c / 475 degrees F / Gas Mark 9
Chop up the cauliflower into small florets and then place onto baking tray.
Slice your tomatoes in half and add to the tray.
Add capers, garlic, and salt and pepper for that extra flavour.
Then add 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil covering the baking tray.
Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until the cauliflower browns, tossing halfway through the cooking process.
Once out the oven squeeze a small amount of lemon and add some parsley ready to serve and enjoy!