So we are already into the second week of May and there have been some great foodie events happening in Bristol, including the Bristol Food Connections Festival across the city and the Eat Drink Food Bristol Fashion Event which why tipis have popped up in Bristol’s stunning Queens Square. The 3rd of May was the 1st Make Sunday Special with the next one happening on June 7th – so add that date to your diary.
It’s also been a great month for Europa as we have been featured in the Bank Holiday edition of the Bristol Post’s “Weekend” magazine with a review by food critic Mark Taylor who recently visited us. The article titled “25 years on, Europa’s still packing them in” honored us in respect of this milestone in the restaurant’s history; which makes us one of the most established Italian restaurants in Bristol. If you missed the article in print then you can catch the online version on the Bristol Post website.
We are also now open 7 days a week from 12pm Monday-Saturday (From 5pm on Sunday) serving our special lunch offer until 2.30pm. Between 2.30pm and 5:30pm Monday-Friday we will be closed.
Things to do in Bristol this May
Below are some up and coming events happening in Bristol for the remainder of May – If you are organising an event in Bristol over the forthcoming weeks and months and would like us to share it with our followers and the people of Bristol please do get in touch.
Markets in Old City
- St Nicholas Market Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 5pm
- The Nails Market Friday and Saturday 10am to 5pm
- Bristol Farmers Market Wednesday 9.30am to 2.30pm
- Friday Food Market Friday 10am to 4pm
- Bristol Brocante and Flea Market (17th May) More Info
Other markets in Bristol nearby include the Bristol Habourside Market every weekend.
Theatre & Shows
- Lord of the Dance (Bristol Hippodrome)
- Matthew Bourne’s The Car Man (Bristol Hippodrome)
- Jersey Boys (Bristol Hippodrome)
Don’t forget to check out Europa’s Pre-Theatre menu dine before the show in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere just a two minute walk from the theatre.
Other Things to See and Do in Bristol
- Ship Shape Craft Fair on Sunday 10th May at Colston Hall – a range of handmade crafts and items will be available to buy from individuals – More Info
- Explore Bristol’s Old City Heritage Trail and explore the history of Bristol – More Info
- VegFest UK – The Vegan festival arrives in Bristol on the 23rd and 24th of may- More Info
- Animatronic Big Bugs arrive at Bristol Zoo from Saturday 9th of May until September 2015. Find out More on the Bristol Zoo Website.